[Phpwm] too much M$ bashing

Jujhar Singh jujhar at medilinkwm.co.uk
Fri Mar 6 11:58:22 UTC 2009

Whilst linux is my preferred deployment platform; having the option of
running a stable PHP environment on Windows & IIS is very useful.  I'm
sure all you have come across or will come across scenarios with your
customers where you can't introduce a Fedora box and your app has to run
on Windows and talk to SQL server.

This is the case at my current workplace and I must say that PHP 5.2.6
runs pretty well on IIS 6.  I can't wait till a release version of 5.3
comes out which has been compiler optimised for windows.

Having both options under your belt will only make you more desirable to
companies looking for solutions to fit in with their existing systems.

Regards

Jujhar Singh
Medilink WM