[Phpwm] too much M$ bashing

BinaryKitten atolade at ntlworld.com
Fri Mar 6 12:05:16 UTC 2009

I still prefer Apache over IIS but again when it boils down to it, it's
becoming more of a "preference" rather than a mandatory "Choice".
The keynote at phpuk 2009 was all about how the further we go along, the
only difference between whether a piece of software lives or dies will
be down to it's usability. If IIS remained the way it was, extremely
difficult to configure properly etc, then it wouldn't have survived.
Microsoft, though many of us hate to be reminded of this, along with
Apple set the goal posts a lot of the time for everyone else to beat,
and yes .. a lot of the time those goal posts are beaten and left behind
.. but all that does is just set a goal post for Microsoft and Apple to
improve or die.

As J rightly said, having both will only improve your skill set. Which
is never a bad thing.

Kat