[Phpwm] Job and or Freelance Opportunity

Martin Meredith martin.meredith at mobilefun.co.uk
Tue Nov 24 09:08:39 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:17 PM, Zeth <theology at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/11/23 Tim Cumming <tim at cybacat.com>:
> > The company is based just outside of Inkberrow, which is near Redditch
> but
> > far enough out that public transport is tricky - if you are applying for
> > this position without a car/license then you will need to give supporting
> > information within your application to show how you will get here.
>
> Wow, certainly one for the fold-up bike at least.

Although I'm not free to look at this job at the moment, I find it useful to
ask the following questions to a prospective employee (From the "Joel Test"
[1]

   1. Do you use source control?
   2. Can you make a build in one step?
   3. Do you make daily builds?
   4. Do you have a bug database?
   5. Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
   6. Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
   7. Do you have a spec?
   8. Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
   9. Do you use the best tools money can buy?
   10. Do you have testers?
   11. Do new candidates write code during their interview?
   12. Do you do hallway usability testing?

[1] http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000043.html