[Phpwm] PHP Website load times in Firefox

Tim Williams T.M.Williams at cs.bham.ac.uk
Fri Oct 2 09:35:08 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2 Oct 2009, Mike Tipping wrote:

> Does anyone know of any issues with Firefox and checking session variables
> or tools that would tell me what the browsers is doing while I'm staring as
> a blank screen.

How complex is the web page ? It could be that something in firefox is
taking an age to render/process. I've got a load of video based stuff
which is very slow in IE, it takes 3x longer to load compared to Firefox.
It's mostly down to the poor performance of the IE javascript engine.
Safari has a quicker javascript engine than FF, so it may well be that you
have JS code that just doesn't run well in FF.

Tim W

--
Tim Williams BSc MSc MBCS - Euromotor Autotrain
Web : http://www.autotrain.org