[Phpwm] PHP Website load times in Firefox

Dave Holmes dave at neteffekt.co.uk
Fri Oct 2 09:37:20 UTC 2009

Mike,

My guess would be JavaScript especially in complex web applications, the
browser sequentially downloads the files to avoid problems with
dependencies where as all of the other content is downloaded via
multiple connections. If you look at the net tab in firebug you will see
this behaviour.

Minimise the number of files and apply JS compression this will result
in dramatic improvements.

Browser caching of the JS will mean this only occurs on first load of
your site.

Dave