[Phpwm] PHP or JavaScript

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 23 15:12:28 UTC 2010

Hi All

/* This is not intended to fuel a heated debate about which is better! */

I just need to be clear in my mind as to which is appropriate to use and when. I recognise that one is server side and the other is browser side. I see both as tools in a toolbox and therefore use as appropriate.

The way I see them: JavaScript for presenting web pages, PHP for data handling and processing.

Am I on the right tracks? I would welcome your thoughts on this, if you can give me an example/s where one is more appropriate to employ than the other, or indeed where they both live happily together! Obviously there are areas where they overlap.

Cheers

Mo