[Phpwm] [OT] Using git with source files outside project folder tree

Peter Crouch pccrouch at bcs.org.uk
Thu Nov 4 14:05:37 UTC 2010

Hello,

I know this is off topic but git has been mentioned on this list before
and I would like to tap into your experience.

I have looked at a number of git-related resources on the Web but not
been able to find an answer to my question.

I have my development folder tree set up as follows:

top level folder

|- common files

|- project group A
    |- project A1
    |- project A2
    |- ...

|- project group B
    |- ...

|- project group C
    |- ...

That is there are common files used across all my projects whose
relative path from any given project folder is ../../common files.

My question is: Will git allow such files to be included in its
repository, presumably stored in project group A/project A1/.git, for
example?

Thanks for any information you can give me.

Peter Crouch
Tel:    0121 523 6756
Mobile: 0776 877 0475
Email:  pccrouch at bcs.org.uk