[Phpwm] Time management

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Sun Apr 17 09:48:35 UTC 2011

Hi,

> Another area that I have been wasting a lot of time on recently is 'version control', and while checking around a found a thread about that here back in '09 asking about git usage but which seemed to peeter out. SO is it about time to reopen the discussion? What are people using nowadays?

Subversion for older projects (i.e. those started before about a year ago). Git for anything more recent. We have converted one project from Subversion to Git, which was pretty pain free; but I think it would be difficult for the other projects due to the history contained in the various Trac instances.

<eclipse stuff - I can't comment, don't use it... >

> I spent Thursday and Friday taking a step back so I could work out exactly where the problems were and check out the current state of play with all of the development platform. I even went back to the start and reinstalled eclipse, which is a doddle since there is now a nice bundled package for 'javascript' development which includes all I need for the web stuff. I am still using phpEclipse rather than switching to PDO, since I am just used to the way it works AND can hack the code when I need to. But it's at this point that things become considerably messy as there is not a 'single' path forward to add DVCS support ..

I think you mean 'PDT'.