[Phpwm] Time management

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Sun Apr 17 12:34:20 UTC 2011

Dave Brotherstone wrote:

>> >  It is slowly getting back to what we have in CVS
>> >  But you missed my main point here ... TortoiseGit does not work
>> >  transparently on Linux:(
> So we've gone from "the tools are no good in windows" to "the tools
> that are available in Windows aren't available for Linux" - well, I
> guess that's progress :D

Actually nothing has changed from my original post! Windows git is reliant on
msysgit which simply does not play nicely with existing ssh setup's on windows.
Remove msysgit and I can access my customer sites - reinstall, and there is a
problem which I have not been able to get sorted. There SHOULD not be, but part
of the exercise last week was to do a clean install on a new machine. No joy - I
can't access via putty while msysgit is installed BUT there was little point
trying to FIX it since TortiseGit does not work on Linux and the whole object of
the exercise is to find some common ground that my 'Linux phobic' customers
could use on windows while others are working identically on Linux. ECLIPSE just
works on both and so the ideal solution is fixing the plug-ins in that. Except
that the windows git framework either does not work with other plug-ins, or
works differently on windows to Linux. So currently CVS remains the safest
common ground as long as one lives within it's quirks. While as a backup,
TortoiseHg provides an external means of handling the DVCS stuff where the
target site is hg or git, but will not handle the subrepo matters - yet :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL