[Phpwm] Broadband recomendations

Camilo Mesias camilo at mesias.co.uk
Thu Jul 28 16:34:48 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 5:00 PM, Lester Caine <lester at lsces.co.uk> wrote:

> If the line to the exchange is CAPPED at 2Mb then that is what you should be
> charged for? Not 8Mb rates which ALL the alternate providers quoted me.

I thought you said this was because Sky were only paying BT for 2Mb,
if so I'd hope other providers might be able to give you more than 2,
maybe somewhere nearer the 8Mb rate (although, that's a maximum so
you'd be more likely to get 4-6Mb.  - this is the most commonly
misunderstood and complained about thing among broadband consumers).

> I don't mind paying a reasonable amount for a service, but it has to be on
> the basis that the person I am paying is PROVIDING the service! Not subbing
> the important parts of it out to a third party?

Unfortunately it's the nature of the business that whole layers of
connectivity are run by others and provided as a subcontract.

-Cam