[Phpwm] Load/Stress Testing

Andrew Bate andrew at astilla.co.uk
Tue Jun 28 11:23:50 UTC 2011

We've been using BrowserMob <http://browsermob.com/>, can get
expensive but for a couple of runs to get a feel for load it's very
good.  Especially useful for real browser testing of AJAX-rich sites
where you want to similate a real environment.  Shows graphs of
transactional throughput, failures etc etc.  Can have a ramp-up period
for 'x' minutes and then then constant load of 'y' users' for 'z'
minutes...

As our app currently runs in EC2 we also have a cloned staging
environment in EC2.  Live and staging on identical EC2 setups and
config but load testing against staging to avoid hitting the live site.

Andrew