[Phpwm] Full time front end developer or freelance?

Camilo Mesias camilo at mesias.co.uk
Wed Sep 7 16:49:24 UTC 2011

Hi,

sorry for the intrusion, hopefully this isn't off topic...

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 5:03 PM, Ed Lea <edleadesign at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, development tends to lie further down the process than design
> so any delays are often started at the concept/design/client approval end.
> It's not to do with being a designer, it's to do with that stage of
> development. Like any professional if a date is set and parameters fixed
> then there is no reason a designer would deliver later than any other
> profession.

I'm wondering if this implies a 'waterfall' methodology (because it
sounds like it to me). If so, is that what's generally used to shape
the way devs and designers interact?

I thought the alternative would be some 'agile' approach. Getting back
on topic, this would rely on good communication between devs and
designers, and that might be easier if everyone was in-house...

-Cam
(embedded s/w developer and php dabbler)