[Phpwm] Job: PHP Dev., Canal & River Trust - Milton Keynes - 30k/pa+

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Tue Jul 24 15:57:52 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've been asked to post this -

====

php Developer

Who we are:
In an increasingly fast-paced and crowded world, our historic canals and rivers are a local haven for people and nature. The Canal & River Trust is the new charity entrusted with the care of 2,000 miles of waterways in England and Wales.

Role:
We are looking for a developer who can help the Canal & River Trust maintain and grow its digital platform in our inaugural year and beyond. You should be comfortable working with existing codebases and be able to apply your technical prowess against those. Additionally, we'd like to give you the opportunity to use your creative talents to solve existing and new business problems and feed in to the overall strategy for the Trust to grow from being the 13th biggest UK charity at launch.

Core Skills:
We are primarily using php, especially Zend Framework with modifications for Doctrine and Twig for data persistence and presentation. We also expect:

- good OOP skills
- database design
- git & subversion

Other desirable skills:

- html(4/5)
- css
- javascript - knowledge of the Dojo javascript framework will set you apart here.
- java (solr) experience
- linux
- nginx & apache configuration
- TDD knowledge

Additional Information:
You must have good English oral and writing skills as you will be asked to create reports for consumption around the Trust and present complex ideas and processes in simple and clearly understandable forms. Bootstrappers and those with a passion for this area outside of work hours would also gain an advantage. Partial home working is available.

Location:
We are located above Milton Keynes Parkway railway station.

Salary:
£30K+ depending upon your experience and skills.

Contact:
paul.morgan at canalrivertrust.org.uk with a CV and covering letter.

====

thanks