[Phpwm] Work available

Carl Sutton dogmatic69 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 22:43:34 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I am looking to take on a developer or two on a freelance / contract
basis for a
few projects that could become regular work for the right people

We generally deal with projects for startups, internal company systems and
financial type data. There is not much in the way of blogs or content
management
projects going on here.

The foundations are generally PHP (CakePHP specifically), MySQL and HTML5
front-end. Besides that we use a lot of other technologies such as
ZeroMQ, node.js,
API's (both client and server), and embedded hardware.

Solid knowledge of OOP and MVC coding is a good replacement for CakePHP
experience.

Source control is done using git, PHPUnit for unit testing and various on-line
tools for project management.

Bonus points if you (not a requirement):
 - actively contribute to some sort of open source project.
 - have hardware experience. Arduino, Raspberry Pi, ARM etc.
 - familiar with mobile app dev. iPhone / Android
 - know other languages. C / C++, pearl, bash
 - are familiar with *nix based systems and cloud computing
 - have experience working with large databases

Reply with a link to your GitHub / BitBucket or similar account, remuneration
expectations and availability (the sooner the better).

This is a remote position, work from anywhere. No need for actual meetings
in person.

Thanks,

Carl