[Phpwm] Waking the group up a little ....

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Mon May 11 08:36:49 UTC 2015

I'm sure many of you have been heads down making websites mobile
friendly and other distractions like that?

Having got a growing assembly of legacy sites it's proving an up hill
struggle, and all of the changes to API's in google and the like are not
helping. AWS is certainly not on my radar any time soon, but I am
looking to bed down sharing material between both devices and users.

Back when I had the Nokia N900 phone running I had owncloud hooked up.
When the Samsung S4 came along 2 years back everything ported over, but
never worked as well so I soldiered on with a half working setup. Just
upgraded to the S6 and once again, while the data has transferred and
the S6 is considerably more responsive than the S4 was, I'm being
hampered by even more brick walls like the S6 refuses to work landscape
in many built in apps ( I run the phone like that with OSMAND in the
car! ) but that is a digression.

I'm TRYING to find a nice PHP based platform I can use to replace
owncloud and keep being directed to subscription offerings for which I
might as well use google or facebook or even samsung's offerings. I'd
like to get a nice clean privately hosted setup so I know where the data
is.

Any thoughts these days?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL