[Powys] hello

Andreas T. Ege andreas.ege at mymail.ch
Tue Apr 1 23:11:32 BST 2008

Hi there,

not much conversation happening on this list in the last weeks... ;-)

I'm new on this list, and wanted to introduce me in brief.

I've moved from Germany to Guilsfield, Welshpool, in January this
year, and am working as a veterinarian in mixed practice in Welshpool.

On the linux track I started about 10 years ago, with some tentative
trys on RedHat then. I abandoned the idea for about a year, because I
couldn't get the internet working... But I found out, I was a bit
further then a friend, who, with SuSE (I think 5.x, or was it 6.x?)
couldn't get his printer work, not to mention internet...

When Windows nagged me too much again, I started a new go, this time
with SuSE 7.x (I think), and, for some time, both systems stayed
working both, with emphasis on Windows, and SuSE linux as kind of a
"hobby inside a hobby".
Then, one day, windows left me and my hardware in a non-working
condition, and so  I started to rely more heavily on linux.

Nowadays I'm using mainly gentoo linux, with Windows only on for
things like tax (last years in Germany, at least), the few games I
play (Thief!!), and when I fucked up my system with an 'emerge
--update --deep --world', till I get linux running again.
I know, I just could use a Knoppix (or other) rescue dvd, but well,...
;-))

--
best wishes,

Andreas