[Powys] hello

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 3 20:09:13 BST 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 22:09 +0100, Andreas T. Ege wrote:
> not much conversation happening on this list in the last weeks... ;-)

Yes, it's a very quiet LUG, isn't it? I think they've all
flown south for the winter :-/

There's also a Shropshire LUG that holds regular meetings in
Telford or Shrewsbury, btw.

> I'm new on this list, and wanted to introduce me in brief.
>
> I've moved from Germany to Guilsfield, Welshpool, in January this
> year, and am working as a veterinarian in mixed practice in Welshpool.

Croeso i'r / Wilkommen auf Welshpool - I visit the town
most months for various reasons; I'm afraid it's not noted
for its Free Software activity :-/

> On the linux track I started about 10 years ago, with some tentative
> trys on RedHat then. I abandoned the idea for about a year, because I
> couldn't get the internet working... But I found out, I was a bit
> further then a friend, who, with SuSE (I think 5.x, or was it 6.x?)
> couldn't get his printer work, not to mention internet...

SuSE was v big in Germany in the late 90s, wasn't it?
A friend of mine moved back here from Dusseldorf about
then, and used SuSE to run his business, as it was
what he was used to.

 - Richard
/me is currently slightly distracted setting up rootz and vamos

Richard Smedley,                                          rs at m6-it.org
Technical Director,                                      www.M6-IT.org
M6-IT CIC                                         +44 (0)779 456 07 14

Sustainable Third Sector IT solutions. PRINCE2 [TM] Project Management
Training * Certification * Support * Networking * Web * Database * CRM

M6-IT is a Community Interest Company, limited by guarantee.
Registered in England & Wales,                Registration No: 6040154
11 St Marks Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY9 7DT

Northern Office:          Hollins Green, Bradwall, Cheshire, CW10 0LA.

Welsh office/ Swyddfa Gogledd Cymru: e-mail / e-bost - cymru at m6-it.org

Southern Office: Bristol                     contact matthew at m6-it.org