[Preston] Linux wireless networking in Lancashire.

Steve Taylor preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Dec 2 11:22:00 2002

Hi Ken

I tried to sniff your network last night - took the laptop out in the car -
and nothing.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, because there were no networks detected
between here and Fairfield hospital.

Can you remember to send me the IPTABLES rule which reshapes all packets to
1458?

I will register on your website shortly.

Steve

PS

Can you explain (either to me or on the website) what is the basic
relationship between Consume and WNAP? I am confused. Is a WNAP member
aautomatically a Consume member, or vice-versa, in terms of being able to
use each others nodes? Would I be right in thinking that WNAP takes Consume
one step further, with remote authentication?

Confused of Ramsbottom :)