[Preston] I hate to ask this but...

Phil Edwards preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Dec 11 22:53:02 2002

Set it up through the BIOS John.

Most modern motherboards allow 2 levels of password, one to protect access
to the bios settings itself and the other to protect access to the system.
By setting the system password, the system will not boot unless you type in
the correct password.

Of course, it is still possible to bypass this, if you know how to clear the
BIOS settings, but it should be secure enough for the home environment.

Phil