[Preston] The penguins that were scared of the cold.....

Guy preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Dec 12 13:09:00 2002

Greetings Penguin lovers!

Rather a low turnout for last nights meeting:
Only me and a ex-Buddist monk called Phil, who is now studying for a maths
degree and was having trouble with X Windows on Redhat 7.0

Good news about a place to meet that isn't a pub: I have been talking to a
chap at the Uni called Jim Ingham. He is a lecturer and a Debian user. He
came along last night but couldn't find us (probably due to the lack of Linux
people in evidence).

Anyway Jim has arranged a room in the Kirkham building (which is behind the
'Times Square' pub opposite Students Union). We should also be able to use
some 'presentation kit' eg video projector etc. We can use it between 7:30
and 9:00pm  - the place closes at 9:00pm. This is due to start in Feb
sometime but an exact date hasn't been arranged yet.

So, let's hear it for Jim. :-)

--
Guy