[Preston] Minutes from the meeting - 30 Oct 2002

bod preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Nov 2 00:16:01 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-01 at 23:35, John wrote:
> Has anybody tried a firewall
> called ASTARO or something similar by the way? I believe it's supposed to be
> enterprise class... Anybody care to comment on that from experience???

I haven't tried that one, but I do use IPCop/Smoothwall (currently using
IPCop which is a fork of Smoothwall 0.9.9, about to switch to Smoothwall
2.0) and I can recommend them both. Smoothwall is also touted as
enterprise class. In fact last I heard there had been zero reports of a
Smoothie box getting hacked.

http://www.smoothwall.org/

And heh, I wouldn't call building a firewall sad, but then I've done it
too so I wouldn't would I!

Regards,
Paul