[Preston] Wireless card

Giacomo Lacava preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Nov 4 13:15:01 2002

Hi all :)
I was looking for a Wireless network card for my laptop. Probably I will =
be forced to buy a pcmcia card, but I don't like that kind of device: I =
had many problems in the past just trying to make "simple" pcmcia =
ethernet-adapters running under Linux.=20
So, does anyone know if there are serial/usb external devices for this =
task, with prices under =A3100 ? and which are the "reliable" hardware =
retailers in Preston or on the net? Buying from italian retailers is not a =
good idea, y'know ;)

Second question: do you know if there is a database of supported cards a =
bit larger than the Wireless-Howto ( that is at http://www.hpl.hp.com/perso=
nal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/ ) ?

Btw, yesterday I bought the LinuxFormat magazine, and I found it very =
good; for people without a good internet access, the cds are full of good =
stuff, and  often with source files; also the magazine is good and =
provides a lot of useful tips.
LinuxMagazine, instead, didn't seem good to me, with columns lacking =
details. Do you know other good linux magazines?

thanks for your attention :)
Giacomo