[Preston] That darn filter

Phil Edwards preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Nov 4 21:34:03 2002

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C2842B.D2F7A3A0

Am I alone in my frustration at the spam filter which appears to have =
been installed at the same time as the list moved away from Majordomo =
and over to Mailman?

At first it wouldn't allow me to originate a post without it first going =
through the moderator but it would always allow me to respond to posts. =
At first I thought it may be due to the fact I use a Hotmail account for =
all my general mail and did consider changing my list registration to my =
ISP account, but as I don't generally originate that many posts I =
figured I could live with the minor inconvenience.

This evening however (Monday 4th November), I responded to 2 posts =
within 5 minutes of each other and whilst the first one went through OK, =
the second generated an automatic message telling me it has been caught =
by the spam filter. Has anyone else experienced this?

Perhaps the moderator can relax the settings slightly on the filter and =
/ or issue clear guidelines to us all in order that we can avoid being =
caught up in the filter (and I am fairly certain that this message will =
be caught).

Phil

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C2842B.D2F7A3A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Am I alone in my frustration at the =
spam filter=20
which appears to have been installed at the same time as the list moved =
away=20
from Majordomo and over to Mailman?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>At first it wouldn't allow me to =
originate a post=20
without it first going through the moderator&nbsp;but it would always =
allow me=20
to respond to posts. At first I thought it may be due to the fact I use =
a=20
Hotmail account for all my general mail and did consider changing my =
list=20
registration to my ISP account,&nbsp;but as I don't generally originate =
that=20
many posts I figured I could live with the minor =
inconvenience.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This evening however (Monday 4th =
November), I=20
responded to 2 posts within 5 minutes of each other and whilst the first =
one=20
went through OK, the second generated an automatic message telling me it =
has=20
been caught by the spam filter. Has anyone else experienced =
this?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Perhaps the moderator can relax the =
settings=20
slightly on the filter and / or issue clear guidelines to us all in =
order that=20
we can avoid being caught up in the filter (and I am fairly certain that =
this=20
message will be caught).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Phil</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C2842B.D2F7A3A0--