[Preston] Wireless card

Guy preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Nov 5 21:58:01 2002

Giacomo,
I have a Thinkpad 390E and all my pcmcia problems were solved when I compiled
a custom kernel and the pcmcia-cs package as a module. I use Debian 3.0 and
there are some tools that are provided by Debian that make compiling quite
straightforward. There is also a special Thinkpad module you can compile that
allows you to use all the power management functions on the laptop.

Sadly, I know absolutely nothing about wireless network cards.
;-)
But, have a look at:
http://mobilix.org/pcmcia_linux.html
--