[Preston] Wireless card

Richard Revis preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Nov 4 17:59:01 2002

On Monday 04 Nov 2002 1:14 pm, Giacomo Lacava wrote:

> I was looking for a Wireless network card for my laptop. Probably I wil=
l be
> forced to buy a pcmcia card, but I don't like that kind of device: I ha=
> many problems in the past just trying to make "simple" pcmcia
> ethernet-adapters running under Linux.

I have a Avaya/Lucent/Orinoco WiFi PC card which uses the wavelan driver.=
 I=20
just dropped it in and it detected, installed and made it available. (But=
 I=20
did already have a PC card kernel and wireless tools on the box).

On a very related note, I have a problem with my Zebra installation. I am=
=20
using a script which detects any new WiFi cards in range (in ad hoc mode)=
 and=20
adds them to the kernel routing table. This table is then extracted by OS=
PF=20
and mirrored to my other routers. This box *should* then add the informat=
ion=20
to its own kernel routing table, but it does not. Any ideas about how to =
do=20
this?

--=20
Richard Revis