[Preston] RE: memory

John preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Nov 6 22:04:02 2002

Thanks everyone for the IPCop info... I intend to crack on with it again
some time this week time permitting ....

Hi Mathew,

My IBM/Cyrix PR166 I believe is slightly faster than a pentium P166
(possibly rated as high as a P200 so I have been told but I don't know for
certain). It should have 32MB Ram but although the BIOS reports 32MB Windows
only sees 28MB so I am guessing that one of the two 16MB EDO Ram sticks has
a duff 4MB chip on it??? There is also a 3GB hard drive... I had intended to
use it as my IPCop machine....

Out of interest, I also have a Compaq Prolinea 590 machine (a 586 machine)
with 16MB Ram and a 600MB hard drive. Would this be sufficient to run IPCop?

Thanks for your help

John