[Preston] java for linux

Hyperion Cantos preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Nov 12 19:44:01 2002

Hello all.
 I am very intreaged by Java and the Virtual Machine, [is it?], that one =
must=20
have on a oc in order to run java software, or develop it.
 Does anyone have any good url's that could guide a complete nivice in ja=
va,=20
to a semi understanding of the basic software and how to start writing co=
de=20
in Java.
For some time now, I have held a mild curiosity with Java, but never acte=
d on
it, I was and still am to some degree, daunted by the hole virtual machin=
e=20
thing.
Is it a complex langiage to learn? what are the devlopement enviroments f=
or=20
java on linux like?, would I nead to get any new software to install on m=
y=20
suse8.1, in order for me to begin discovering java?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Regards
Hyperion/nemes