[Preston] Debian 3.0

John preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Nov 18 15:40:00 2002

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C28E79.65A822E0

I have installed Debian on one of my PC's but it does not seem to have =
detected my PCI Ethernet card (Linksys PCI lne III).... It works fine =
under red hat... I have been trying to find a hardware detection tool =
like kudzu under Debian to try and configure the network card.... Also, =
I am used to /etc/sysconfig/network and network-scripts under redhat but =
debian seems to be different. The other problem I have been having is =
that under redhat to configure sound I run sndconfig... Anybody know the =
equivalent in Debian?
------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C28E79.65A822E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have installed Debian on one of my =
PC's but it=20
does not seem to have detected my PCI Ethernet card (Linksys PCI lne =
III).... It=20
works fine under red hat... I have been trying to find a hardware =
detection tool=20
like kudzu under Debian to try and configure the network card.... Also, =
I am=20
used to /etc/sysconfig/network and network-scripts under redhat but =
debian seems=20
to be different. The other problem I have been having is that under =
redhat to=20
configure sound I run sndconfig... Anybody know the equivalent in=20
Debian?</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C28E79.65A822E0--