[Preston] A new hope for Debian wannabees?

Matthew T. Atkinson preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Nov 21 22:13:00 2002

'ello,

Thanks for the info on how Debian works.  I find it amazing that you can
upgrade the whole system so cleanly without even a restart.  But then again,
the computer should be able to do such things.  I think years of getting
used to M$' excuses has gotten to me, LOL.

Anyway, enough of that.  I really do like the idea of Debian now.  As I get
more "into" Linux I become less afraid of that installer.  I have read (on
Debian's site) that Sarge will be a better installer so I may wait for that.
The only problem is that because I need Gnopernicus (screen
reader/magnifier) I *need* the latest libraries.  Maybe I will have to
simply settle with something like Slackware that is up-to-date and reputed
to be stable too.

I won't be trying Sid now; of course it really wouldn't be a fair test of
Debian.

bye just now,

matthew