[Preston] some quick questions about a linux laptop

Jon Hill preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Nov 22 09:44:01 2002

On Thursday 21 Nov 2002 11:18 pm, Matthew T. Atkinson wrote:
> 'ello there,
>
> I am thinking of getting a laptop to run Linux. It will mainly be used =
for
> taking notes in lectures (as I'm visually impaired it would be a great
> benefit to have one).  I have not got a great deal of money to spend on=
 it
> (=A3700) so I'd need a second hand one or a really low-spec new one. =20

I recently bought an IBM thinkpad 600x from a guy on ebay (he sells a lot=
 of=20
thinkpads) for =A3590.  They would be even cheaper now, I recently saw on=
e=20
going for =A3450. They are Pentium 3 500, 128mb ram, 12gig hard drive and=
 very=20
well made, no problems with Linux (though  I haven't tried to get the=20
win-modem working. ) Might be worth a look, I would definetly recomend th=
em.

Jon