[Preston] Just a rookie :)

Giacomo Lacava preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Oct 19 13:58:01 2002

Hi :)
My name is Giacomo, I'm from Bologna (Italy, so don't be afraid of =
correcting my bad english) and I'm living in Preston since August. I'm =
attending a MSc at UCLan (part-time), and currently unemployed.

I was interested in Free Software since 2000, but never really have the =
time to learn much about it. I tried to install different free OSes on =
several machines (Slackware/Mandrake Linux, Net/Open/FreeBSD), with =
different luck, but always finding myself eventually hating XFree :(

Currently, I installed a ZipSlack slackware 8.0 on my Win98 partition, and =
I'm trying to build from there a LinuxFromScratch system on the ext2 =
partition, hoping this time will be *the time* I will understand how a =
free OS works and how to manage it, Microsoft policies are going worst =
everyday...
My first problem now is the printer... I'm "googling around" in order to =
make my new Epson USB working with lpd or CUPS :)

I hope to meet someone of you October 30th at the Greyfriars :)=20
See you
Giacomo Lacava