[Preston] Linux on a 486

Robin Johnson preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Sep 16 20:29:01 2002

I'd confirm what Stephen is saying about the GUI. I have RH 7.2 on a 450Mhz
PII with 64Mb RAM and either Gnome or KDE are too much for it. I'd be
tempted to investigate oneof the simpler and lighter Window Mgt Systems for
X, such as devolution or .. - there are a few about. I'm only saying what I
would do, I have no experience of these simpler GUIs but I am sure I have
read reviews in magazines that speak well of them.

Robin