[Preston] Linux on a 486

Phil Edwards preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Sep 17 07:25:00 2002

That sounds like a very interesting idea Adrian (Thursday would be better
for me as I generally work late on Wednesdays), although I don't know if any
of my newly acquired systems will be ready to have a go at by then (mind
you, my PII does need RH7.3 sticking on it so I could possibly bring that
along with the disks. Alternatively, if anyone has a copy of something that
will happily run on one of my 486 machines, I could bring my PII along as it
is (RH7.2) and we could have a go at a network install of something.

So what does everyone else think? Adrian has made this kind offer before
(several times) is there enough interest out there to make it all worth
while?

By the way, if anyone wants RH7.3, I have recently downloaded it from one of
the mirror sites and could burn a few spare copies over the weekend.

Phil