[Preston] Linux on a 486

Alan Blundell preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Sep 18 19:35:01 2002

I can make it next Thursday & bring tiny linux / RH4.1 / zipslack (from
my extensive collection of old linux distros ...)  It'll be good to meet
some of the people whose mail I've been reading this last few weeks!

PS: saw on LinuxToday that RH 8.0 is due out imminently.  Doesn't that
ALWAYS happen when someone's spent ages downloading the previous version?!

Phil Edwards wrote:

snip
> along with the disks. Alternatively, if anyone has a copy of something that
> will happily run on one of my 486 machines, I could bring my PII along as it
> is (RH7.2) and we could have a go at a network install of something.
snip
> By the way, if anyone wants RH7.3, I have recently downloaded it from one of
> the mirror sites and could burn a few spare copies over the weekend.
snip