[Preston] debian newbie

Jon Hill jon at foneport.com
Tue Dec 9 13:06:23 GMT 2003

I have Debian up and running now and the apt system looks great.
I am probablly going to use the stable version as it is on my critical servers
but would like to play around with a build of apache and php  4.3.3 / mysql 4
from source on a dev server. Any tips on combining Debian maintained packages
with build from source and still mainting integrity and security.

Jon