[Preston] MySQL

Mark Stewart preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Feb 1 12:11:02 2003

Has anybody here had any experience with mysql/webserver/secure transactions

If so, there could be a nice little job for you, I know a company who are
after setting up a linux webserver, storing data with mysql and possibly
using it for credit card orders.

They say they are willing to pay for the service, as they looked into doing
it with microsoft software and it would cost them about £42,000 for the
licenses etc.

The company is called PCD and is on the docks at preston, ive got contact
details for them if anybody's interested,
they do computers etc and at very reasonable prices, the company i work for
even put some orders through them (BAE SYSTEMS).

I'd take it myself if i'd had any experience with MySQL, but i'm mainly
unix/oracle/shell programming with a little cgi/web.

Mark Stewart.