[Preston] Red Hat 8

Andrew King preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Feb 1 09:51:01 2003

Sorry, didn't mean to send that to the list:

> Excellent!
>
> Any chance of being able to buy these off you in person and being able
> to skip the whole postage business? I live on Cromwell Road, and work at
> Moor Park High School, but can get anywhere in Preston on my bike. Would
> very much like to get hold of a copy of that 5 mandrake set and Red Hat
> CDs 1 2 and 3. I know other people who are trying to get their hands on
> stuff too. We've got broadband at work, but the whole process of
> downlaoding images, buying 750MB cds, etc... it's just too much effort.
>
> Andrew

On a completely separate note, if anyone's ever tried to implement
Winbind (that's where you can map the user account database from an NT
server to a Linux box) and found that it's not so easy, I've been
writing a guide, which is here:

http://www.andyroo.demon.co.uk/agw.htm

It's nearly finished - there's just the stuff on configuring PAM, which
needs a rewrite.

Andrew