[Preston] Hello

Caroline preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jan 2 22:39:03 2003

At 17:18 02/01/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>On Thursday 02 Jan 2003 5:09 pm, dazzle68 wrote:
> > Daz Edwards, also in Blackpool - although well past my 'training' days now
> > - afraid I have to go to work each day, how boring eh??
> >
> > My Linux distro is Gentoo - I lke the 'build from source' concept and the
> > portage package handler is simply a must-have !!
>
>Mind if I chip in too? I have also just joined. I live in Preston and as I am
>a total newbie to Linux I thought I'd ease myself in gently with mandrake. I
>also dual boot with WinXP and have UAE running on the Win side as well as
>still having 3 working Amigas. So I have a fairly rounded out Computer
>experience.

Hi All..

I'm new, too. I'm a student at the uni here and have been dabbling with
Linux for the past year or so. I'm at the stage where I can possibly name
1/2 a dozen distros. Hmm.
I'm in the middle of a re-build and planning to make my desktop machine
tri-boot (?) with win 98, 2000 and Suse 8.1. It's an experience.

Caroline.