[Preston] Hello

Matthew T. Atkinson preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jan 6 20:38:00 2003

Amigas! :)

I like them too.  I have UAE on win2kSP2 at the moment but I hear there is a
version for UNIX.  I will have to investigate after my exams; will let you
know what I find out...

I've used PCs since '96 but remember a time when I had 3 Amigas at once (a
500+ with 1.3 and 2.0 ROMS, a 600 with 2.04/5 [can't remember the number
anymore :)] and a 1200).  Still got the 1200 and Dad's Speccy.  I am hoping
to eventually move to Linux from Windows and then use Linux/AmigaOS4 on an
AmigaOne.  I may even try to write a screen magnifier for OS4 if I can...

Am using MDK9 at the moment and its quite nice but has a number of rough
edges, I'll try Slackware 9 when that comes out (will it *ever*??? LOL).
MDK is good but I wish that the fonts were better, like RedHat and that it
had more reliability like SuSE and its excellent YaST2 set-up/config tools.
I have found that after patching Mandrake, the Control Centre worked less
reliably than before (importing M$ Windows' fonts crashed, for example),
LOL!  Maybe this is just me...

bye just now,

matthew