[Preston] Hello

chris preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jan 2 17:29:00 2003

On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 17:09, dazzle68 wrote:
> Daz Edwards, also in Blackpool - although well past my 'training' days now -
> afraid I have to go to work each day, how boring eh??
>
> My Linux distro is Gentoo - I lke the 'build from source' concept and the
> portage package handler is simply a must-have !!
>
> Welcome aboard Chris .

Thanks Daz :o) i hear gentoo is good, but i don't have the bandwidth or
processor power to dwonload/compile everything from scratch. :\. I'm
really happy with debian actually atm, I've just switched from mdk to
this, and i've stopped being lazy by using the gui config tools, and
started to learn how to config stuff by hand, properly learning what to
do and why. took me long enough to get my scroller on my mouse working
though :\.