[Preston] I've lost my CD Drives !?!

dazzle68 preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jan 6 22:38:00 2003

You need to mount the CD rom (if you dont have automounter in /etc/fstab).

"mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /mnt/cdreader" - if your CD rom is on secondary IDE
channel, as master.

"mount -t iso9660 /dev/sr0" - if your CD rom is a SCSI setup. It may actually
be IDE but Linux can emulate SCSCI interface for IDE drives - useful for CD
recording apps!!!

Then, issue comman "ls /mnt/cdreader" to get the contents of the CD. You cant
just "/mnt/cdreader" - that means you are trying to execute the directory (in
Linux speak) - you cant execute a directory in any O/S !!!