[Preston] Hello

Caroline preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jan 8 14:53:00 2003

Hi,

<brag>This is a *real, legal* copy of XP!  I really am allowed to install
it (on my machine, not allowed to make copies, etc).  It's got a proper
yellow sticker and everything! </brag>  :-p

I wouldn't be comforable without Partition Magic. It's a bit unsettling at
first though. I remember wondering why it didn't need to reboot 42 times,
like windows normally has to.

On my  course, we do a few languages (to various depths). These include
(I've probably missed something out)  C, C++, html, Javascript, Visual
Basic, assembly, and PIC programming (starting after
Christmas).  Nonetheless, programming doesn't seem to be my strong point.
Although I find it challenging, I usually come out with an average-ish
grade. I like doing the web stuff, though.

We have a few Linux boxes at uni, and I believe it it's possible to get
user accounts on them, although I haven't tried. There might be a Kylix
module in the 3rd year, but I'm not positive on that.

I'll let you know about Gnome2, as I intend to install *everything* (much
simpler than having to choose)!

Have fun,

Caroline.