[Preston] Hello

Matthew T. Atkinson preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jan 8 17:55:01 2003

<shame_mode> Oops!  I had no idea that there are still some reasonable legal
licences out there for M$ software :S  Was it something the uni arranged for
its students (site licence perhaps)? </shame_mode>

Surprisingly I also legally own all the software that I have (bought windows
and office 97 student licence and Visual Studio 6 student licence and all my
games).  I even buy music too - although I resent the artist getting hardly
any money and the record company/recording bodies getting lots, it is the
only legal way to do it at the moment (and at least the artist gets *smt*).

As I am here, I have completely forgotten (I'm sure I've seen those 3
letters in relation to computers before) what PIC is (you mention it as a
language [I think]); could you enlighten me?  Also, thanks in advance for
the heads-up on gnome2 in SuSE 8.1 :)

bye just now,

matthew