[Preston] dvd playing under linux

Jim Skelton preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Jan 26 12:00:02 2003

On Saturday 25 January 2003 2:37 pm, you wrote:

> website. Running with the Xv(??) video extensions for
> X makes a huge difference to playback performance.

I had a quick squint around the web for details about these extensions,  but
I coundnt anything on how they are installed or compiled in?

Are they loaded as a module or do they form part of the video driver.

Any one know if there are any issues with a generic rage 128 card on video
playback (mine's a generic OEM module not a "manufactured by" ATI model)