[Preston] Routing problem

James Green preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jun 5 00:01:01 2003

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 09:53:00AM +0100, Ernie Hayes wrote:

[snip helpful reply to problem]

D'oh! After all that, it turned out my problem was at the other end, on
host C, whose config is out of my control... Its admin had merely
forgotten to add the route for the subnet A and B were in. There was a
route to B, obviously, though the point-to-point link, but nothing
better.

My initial reply saying this is apparently still awaiting moderation,
since I sent it from the wrong address - I've neither had it rejected
nor approved, though. Ho hum. No doubt it'll now get approved, and I'll
look a fool for sending duplicate messages :-)

James.

--
-James-( Q: What's the difference between a duck and an )-jkg---
-Green-(                   elephant?                    )--@----