[Preston] Back, as a fulltime Linux user!

Matthew T. Atkinson preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri May 16 11:32:01 2003

'ellow,

Hello again everybody!  I've been completely overrun since before Easter
(hence the lack posts) but now I have some news...

Thanks to one of my friends at uni, I am now a full-time Debian/sid
user.  No more Windows!!! :D.  I've even been recompiling my kernel! :).

Things are going very well with it so far and I still can't get over how
much more I can do now.  Can't wait until September for GNOME 2.4 as
that will have Gnopernicus in it (as well as the new evo and epiphany)!

In the summer I plan to get a Radeon 9100 so that I can take full
advantage of X 4.3 and actually have some GL.  At the moment I have to
use the 2D `nv' driver because the nVidia driver doesn't work with my
card.  I can't wait to have a fully Open Source system!

Well I'll try and catch up on at least some of what's been going on with
this list in the next week or so...

bye just now,

--
Matthew T. Atkinson <tylee@ukgateway.net>