[Preston] got a router if anyone wants it... free

Richard Wellstead preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Sep 24 00:01:08 2003

Hi,

 I haven't posted much on here... anyway, I have an old machine that i
need to get rid of, to reclaim a little space in my small house that
now houses an addition to the family...

 I have added a few other components and installed a basic Slackware 9.0
setup... should be easy to use for router/adsl or modem nat'd/dns/dhcp,
and any number of other things... The specs:

- Pentium 100MHz machine made by Acer
- Onboard video (Cirrus Logic) also an 8Mb PCI card added cos the built
in one is crap with X.
- 2 ISA 3Com 10Mbps Network cards, 3c509B and 3c503 i think.
- A spare PCI or ISA slot (shared) - ideal for modem/adsl...
- 24Mb ram (72 pin simms x4 slots)
- 2.1Gb hdd (used to be 3Gb, but recently is only detected as 2Gb -
weird... works fine though)
- 4x CDROM drive
- Floppy drive

 If anyone would like it for no cost, you can contact me personally at
rkwellstead@uselinux.co.uk and arrange to see it working/collect it...
thats the only catch, since I don't have a car!!

 Note, I don't have a spare mouse/keyboard/monitor - this is just the
box...

Thanks,

 Richard