[Preston] Reading an encrypted file from a windows machine

Dougie Nisbet plug at highmoor.co.uk
Tue Apr 20 12:04:13 BST 2004

I keep bank card info and PINs etc in a gpg encrypted file. I'd like to copy
this to a windows98 machine and somehow maintain some encryption. Approaches
I've thought of so far are:
- creating a winzip archive with password protection and adding unencrypted
file to that
- same idea, but with MS Word.
- Installing something on the PC that would allow it to decrypt the copied
file by entering the password.

I've had a look at http://www.pgp.com/products/freeware.html but I don't think
it's what I'm after.

It's no big deal and I don't want to spend a lot of time on it. Interested to
know if it's something that anyone else has had to deal with.

Dougie