[Preston] [OT] (but not as much as the one about the boots) - Rattly AGP RIVA TNT2 video card

Dougie Nisbet plug at highmoor.co.uk
Thu Aug 19 18:41:44 BST 2004

On a PII running Debian sarge/testing my AGP video card, an oldish Riva TNT2
nvidia card, has started making rattly noises. I've dismantled the fan and
cleaned it out. It's the fan on the card that's making the noise. It is
driving me nuts. Apart from taking the top of the fan and clearing the muck
out it looked like it was fixed pretty securely to the card and not
replacable. I thought getting the 3-in-1 out and putting a drop of that in
there wouldn't be a good idea. I don't need any fancy graphics card at all
and I'm keeping an eye open for a cheap little run-about. Any recommendations
for a cheap no-frills linux friendly AGP card?

Dougie