[Preston] PLUG Meeting

Guy Heatley guy at remember-tomorrow.co.uk
Mon Feb 2 11:23:54 GMT 2004

This suits me. This meeing seems to have arrived rather quickly due to the
xmas postponement of the last one. I notice that kernel compilation was
the popular choice, so I was getting round to putting some stuff together
on this topic.

Anyway, using this meeting for general discussion and to schedule some
future meeting topics seems to be a good idea.

I have a couple of topics up my sleeve:
1) User-mode Linux (Run a virtual Linux inside a host Linux)
2) A Zope demo (Zope is a web-application design toolkit.)

There was talk of other possible topics: Stephen M talked about a demo of
wireless network stuff, John proposed a VAX demo.
If there are any possible contributers prepared to throw their (red or any
other colour) hats into the ring, those would be considered too.

It's many a time that people have asked me for a schedule of forthcoming
meeting topics and I usually reply in a vague and mysterious way, glossing
over the fact that mostly the topic solidifies only a few days (or hours
;-) before the actual event.(LOL) If topics were publicised well in
advance maybe more people would be attracted to the meetings.
:-)
--
Guy

> Hi,
>
> I know we've only just had one, but that was delayed from January so
it's
> nearly time for another PLUG meeting. Unfortunately I had to move the
website to a different server in a rather chaotic manner so the vote about
> the meeting topic was sent out of sync. I'm re-writing the website
anyway
> include some new ideas, such as the much demanded forum. ;-) Any
features
> you want to see added, just let me know.
>
> Unless anyone has anything they want to demo on Wednesday then I propose
that we have an open meeting where we can discuss, anything Linux / PLUG
related. For example we could bottom out some of the stuff we need to get
> moving for the Install Day, forthcoming events, Demo's, etc. I'll try
and
> get the kids to bed early, see if I can turn up on time for a change.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Phil Robinson
>
> phil at getmediaplc.com
> Senior Programmer
> Getmedia plc
>
>   _____
>
> White label content, service and support.
>
> www.getmediaplc.com for a list of partners and company information.
>
> Tel: +44 (0) 1772 745508  Mob. +44 (0) 7870 665804
> PO Box 59, Manchester M40 8YW.
>
> The information contained in this email and any attachments are
privileged
> and confidential. This electronic message is intended only for the
stated
> addressee(s) and access to it by any other person is unauthorised. If
you
> are not the intended recipient you are kindly requested to preserve this
confidentiality and to advise the sender immediately of the error in
transmission. Any opinion or advice or information contained in this email